The National Rugby League (the "NRL") is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of its website (the "User(s)") and respects their concerns regarding the confidentiality of the personal information and data provided.
The National Rugby League ensures that it complies with the obligations related to the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.As data controller within the meaning of the Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 as amended and, from 25 May 2018, EU Regulation 2016/679 of 26 April 2016, the LNR may collect personal data (surnames, first names, contact details, etc.) or non-nominal data (preferences, favourite information, etc.) during the User's visits to the Site in order to be able to identify the User, offer him personalised services or improve the Site and the User experience.
1- RECIPIENTS OF THE DATA COLLECTED
The LNR is the recipient of the personal data collected on the Site. In any event, the LNR only transmits Users' personal data to a third party when:
- the User has given his prior consent to the sharing of this information or,
- the LNR is obliged to share this information with third parties in order to fulfil a contract or for purposes of legitimate interest or,
- the LNR is required by a judicial or other administrative authority to provide it with this information.
When the LNR is obliged to share Users' personal information with its own service providers to fulfil a contract with the User, these service providers process Users' data only on behalf of and in accordance with the instructions of the LNR. The LNR may also communicate Users' personal data to third party service providers for the purpose of statistical studies of the use of the Site and for the purpose of optimizing the Site. In this context, Users' personal data will be anonymized.
2- PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION
Through the Site, the LNR is required to collect and process data concerning the User in order to carry out the following processing:
- setting up contests and advertising,
- sending of informative newsletters (practical information, schedules),
- sending sports newsletters on the latest news from TOP 14 (articles, rankings, match videos, statistics),
- sending commercial and promotional offers from the NRL,
- sending commercial and promotional offers from NRL partners,
- management of the User's preferences (preferred club) for sending targeted commercial offers,
Commercial prospecting operations are based on the User's consent to the processing of his data. The User may withdraw his consent to receive commercial and promotional offers from LNR and/or its partners at any time by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or by post: Ligue Nationale de Rugby, Délégué à la Protection des Données, 25/27 avenue de Villiers, 75017 PARIS.
3- DATA STORAGE PERIOD
With regard specifically to the use by the LNR of Users' data for commercial prospecting purposes, the starting point for the duration of data use is the time of data collection by the LNR or the last contact made by the prospect (request for documentation or click on a hypertext link).In any case, Users' data will not be used to send commercial solicitations beyond three years from the collection or last contact of the prospect.
4- DATA SECURITY
The NRL strives to put in place all necessary precautions to preserve the confidentiality and security of the personal data processed and to prevent them from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties, and technical and organisational security measures in accordance with the state of the art, in particular with regard to information systems, have been introduced by the NRL.
However, the LNR does not control all the risks related to the functioning of the Internet and draws the attention of Users to the existence of possible risks inherent in its use and functioning.
5- USER RIGHTS
Any User of the Site has the right to exercise his rights of access, rectification, opposition and deletion to the processing of his data in accordance with articles 38 to 40 of the law of 6 January 1978. Pursuant to Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, the natural person may exercise his or her right to limit processing, erasure of data and portability from 25 May 2018. These rights can be exercised with the LNR, which collected the personal data as follows: - by post (postage at the User's expense), by writing to us at the following address: Ligue Nationale de Rugby, Délégué à la Protection des Données, 25/27 avenue de Villiers, 75017 PARIS, indicating your full name, address and email;
- by electronic means by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The LNR shall send a reply within a maximum period of one month after the exercise of the right.
6- COOKIES, NAVIGATION AND LOCATION DATA
When accessing the Site, and after acceptance of the User's continued browsing, a cookie may be installed and stored for a maximum period of 13 months in the User's memory or on the User's hard disk, in order to facilitate navigation. A cookie does not identify you but is an element that is used to record information relating to navigation on the Site (the pages visited, the date and time of the visit, etc.)
The cookies issued allow you to:
- to facilitate the navigation experience on the Site, to improve the interest and ergonomics of the services consulted on the Site and to adapt the presentation of the Site;
- to store information relating to a form that the User has completed on the Site (registration or access to the account) or to products/services chosen on the Site (content of an order basket, etc.);
- to allow the User to access reserved and personal areas of the Site such as the user account and to adapt the content displayed on the User's terminal;
- to implement security measures, for example when the User is asked to log back into a content or service after a certain period of time
- to count the number of visits to the Site, and therefore to establish statistics.
Each User can refuse the recording of cookies by modifying the settings of his Internet browser. However, this will result in the deletion of all cookies used by the browser, including those used by other websites, which may lead to the alteration or loss of certain settings or information. The deletion of cookies may modify or even make it difficult to navigate the Site.
For the management of cookies and User choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the browser's help menu, which will allow the User to know how to change his or her cookie preferences.
The LNR may also use pixel tags, web beacons or other similar technologies to track the use of the Site.
A pixel is a small file placed on a web page that allows a website to perform certain tasks, including counting users who have viewed that page, or to access cookies. The information obtained in this way allows the NRL to tailor the services offered to visitors to the Site to deliver targeted ads and measure the overall effectiveness of its online advertising or other activities.
7- SOCIAL NETWORKS
The Site uses social network plug-ins, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest (hereinafter referred to as "Social Network(s)").